Southview Senior Living offers exclusive Memory Care apartments in St. Paul with full 24-hour staffing. Trained staff members provide specialized activities and care designed to meet the evolving needs of individuals experiencing Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia and other memory loss. We seek to provide high-quality care and help our Memory Care residents live happy and healthy lives.
Our Memory Care services are designed to relieve residents and their families from daily cares and duties that have become difficult for these seniors to maintain on their own. Our safe and secure outside garden area gives our residents a place to stroll around, relax in the sunshine and smell the springtime blossoms.
Our memory care apartments at Southview Senior Living are designed to enhance the quality of life for those with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other memory loss while providing a comfortable, homey atmosphere. Individuals are accepted into Memory Care following a comprehensive nursing assessment of cognitive, physical and social levels of functioning.
The Memory Care program administered by our staff is designed to stimulate and nurture memory preservation and development. We utilize smaller group activities and programs that specifically focus on each resident's capabilities. Interactive games and group events also add to our residents’ enjoyment. Our professional, caring staff engages memory care residents in programs that encourage them to participate, enhances their sense of joy and accomplishment and promotes their physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Our highly-trained Memory Care activities staff provides special programming seven days a week for all stages of memory loss, including Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia. We schedule staff-led programs during the day, evenings and weekends to accommodate our Memory Care residents.
3 Memory Care Packages
Assisted Memory Support — The resident cooperates in assisting with routine care such as dressing, grooming, bathing and toileting. Assistance is needed with medication monitoring, and behavior may require occasional staff intervention.
Moderate Memory Support — The resident may be incontinent of bowel and bladder. The resident requires the direct assistance of one staff person with dressing, grooming, bathing, medications and/or management of incontinence. Behavior may require frequent staff intervention.
Advanced Memory Support — The resident may be incontinent of bowel and bladder. Direct assistance from one staff member is required for dressing, grooming, bathing medications and/or management of incontinence. Behavior may require frequent staff intervention. Package includes moderate memory support and the assistance of a two-person transfer.
Amenities included with Care Packages
- Three Meals a Day and Snacks Served in the Dining Room
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Change
- Two Loads of Laundry Per Week
- 24-Hour Access to Staff
- Personal Pendant Urgent Call Equipment
- Weekly Health and Wellness Clinic
- Residential Setting with Controlled Access
- Meal Assistance
- Registered Nurse On-Site 40 Hours Per Week and Registered Nurse On-Call Support Staff
- Planned Programming Specific to Resident Needs
- Nurse Liaison with Health Care Professionals
- Nurse Coordination with Laboratory
- Nurse Maintains Clinical Record Information
- All Utilities
A licensed RN is available to assess each individual in order to provide a personal care package that is right for you. If assistance is needed, our individualized service plans are designed to maintain your independence. We provide a wide range of customer driven programs and events that encourage participation, laughter and lasting memories
Included in Rent:
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Daily OK Checks
- Health and wellness program
- 7 days-a-week complimentary breakfast (Assisted Living 3 meals/day)
- Apartment building fire/smoke detector and sprinkler system
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Water, sewer and on-site trash pick-up
- Programs and events for socialization
- Apartment and building maintenance
- Month-to-month lease agreement
- Daily afternoon coffee and cookies
- Laundry facilities in each unit
- Pets are welcome (some restrictions apply)
- Refrigerator, stove/self-clean oven, dishwasher and microwave
- Snow removal and lawn service